Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Introductions - Chris Clark

Hello Everyone!

I have been running the ICEX program with Zoe Wood and Timmy Gambin for many years and I am just as excited as ever. We have a great bunch of students, our one year old AUV equipped with sidescan sonar, and an unexplored part of the ocean that is likely riddled with undiscovered archaeological sites. Seems like a great way to begin the year.



As the robotics lead on the project, I hope we push the envelope on signal processing and AUV trajectory generation. Specifically, I think we can build from last year's success in the application of  image processing and machine learning to sidescan sonar data. Strengthening our techniques for automatically detecting archaeological sites like plane wrecks from sonar data will be one of our goals this year, and I am interested to see what the students can accomplish in this area.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ICEX 2018